We're looking for volunteers! There are volunteer opportunities at the Burnaby, Surrey & Vancouver campuses. The date of this year's event is Friday, September 23rd.
To sign up to volunteer, complete our Volunteer Registration Form.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
• Road marshals (directing participants along the route)
• Cheering Crew (encouraging participants along the route)
• Coat/bag check attendants
BURNABY VOLUNTEER INFORMATION (event day)
- Sign-in at SFU Student Central at 11:30am with the Marshal Coordinator
- Marshal Coordinator will assign you to a group (course, ceremony, bag check, and fundraising)
- Course marshals will be assigned a position along the course by their Marshal Captain. The Marshal Captain will also explain the responsibilities of each position
- Station leaders of (bag check, donations, etc) will have a station leader who will explain the duties of the volunteers
- After the event, return to SFU Central Gym to return all traffic vests, traffic signs, and receive a $10 food voucher that is valid for 2 days
QUESTIONS ABOUT VOLUNTEERING:
If you have any additional questions about volunteering at the SFU Terry Fox Event, contact:
Volunteer Manager: Luke Asayo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer browser (IE).
MORE WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
To help fundraise, see our fundraising page for more information.
- Contribute online by sponsoring a friend, team, or colleague. See the donation page for more information.
- Drop a loonie or toonie into the Terry Fox Run donation jars available at key locations around campus.
- Drop by on event day at your campus on and make a donation in person.
People of all fitness levels are encouraged to participate for cancer research at any of SFU's three campuses.
SFU Alumni: check out the Terry Fox official website for an international run location near you.
Simon Fraser University respectfully acknowledges the Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ), Kwikwetlem (kʷikʷəƛ̓əm), Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw), Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm), Katzie (q̓icə̓y̓), Semiahmoo, Kwantlen, Qatqayt, Tsawwassen, and Stó:lō First Nations, on whose unceded traditional territories our three campuses reside.