- Our Story
- Our Team
- Our Locations
- Community Programs
- Research Centres
- Getting Here
- Campus Services
- News and Events
- Campus Events
- Campus News
- Promote Your Events and Initiatives
- Contact Us
Facilities Services oversees custodial and maintenance services, access cards, office moves and much more at the Vancouver campus.
UM 500 on the Upper Mall level of Harbour Centre
Office Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
The Facilities Help Desk should be contacted about any issues or requests related to the following:
- Keys and Access Cards (pick-up/drop-off, report lost or stolen)
- Building Maintenance (lights, plumbing, heating/air flow adjustments, building repairs)
- Custodial Requests (spills, waste boxes, washrooms)
- Furniture Repairs, Moves or Requests
- Mail and Deliveries
Building Hours and Access
Each of SFU Vancouver’s nine sites has different hours and access information. Please visit our SFU Vancouver Locations page for further details.
Advanced notice should be provided to the Facilities Help Desk for large deliveries (ordered shipments).
Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
- Upon arrival at the loading dock, use the SFU blue phone to notify Security of a delivery.
- Height and Weight Restrictions: 12'5" and 20 tonnes
- Upon arrival at the loading dock, use the SFU blue phone to call for assistance with the freight elevator.
Segal Graduate School of Business
- Upon arrival at the laneway loading doors, please call Security at 778-782-7911.
Intercampus mail must be separated as follows:
- Burnaby (including UBC mail)
- Vancouver (including 312 Main, Goldcorp Centre for the Arts, Harbour Centre, Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Segal Graduate School of Business and VentureLabs)
External Mail (including Canada Post):
All outgoing envelopes should be banded together, marked with a keycode number in the upper left-hand corner and sorted into the following categories:
- United States
Visit the Canada Post website for mailing options.
Desk-side waste receptacles and recycling boxes are emptied once per week.
Contact the Facilities Help Desk regarding any custodial requests.
There are several public bulletin boards located throughout Harbour Centre:
- Hallway outside of room HC 1315
- Lounge outside of room HC 2290
- Hallway near room HC 3380
- Across from room HC 3000
- HC 7100 corridor
Bulletin boards in classrooms are for life safety and SFU notices.
Harbour Centre Gym
The Harbour Centre fitness facility is located on the UM level of Harbour Centre. To sign up for a membership, please visit the Facilities Services Office (UM 500) to pick up a user agreement form. Bring the completed form to the Harbour Centre Admin Office on the 20th floor of the Harbour Centre tower (555 W. Hastings St.) for activation and to pay the annual access fee of $120. Fees may be paid by cash or cheque. For more info, contact Facilities Services at email@example.com.
Kitchens and Lunch Rooms
The Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) lounge located in Harbour Centre, room 3410, is open to all SFU students and is equipped with a kitchen, tables and chairs and sofa. Punch code access is required; contact Registrar and Information Services located on the main floor of Harbour Centre to obtain the code.
There is a staff/faculty lunch room located in Harbour Centre, room 2900, that is equipped with a kitchen, tables and chairs. Punch code access is required; contact your department admin for the code.
A food court is also located below the UM level of Harbour Centre and there are many restaurants and cafes located throughout downtown Vancouver.