- Our Story
- Our Team
- Our Locations
- Community Programs
- Research Centres
- Getting Here
- Campus Services
- News and Events
- Campus Events
- Campus News
- Promote Your Events and Initiatives
- Contact Us
Campus safety is a priority. Learn how to report emergencies and incidents at the Vancouver campus.
In an emergency, call 911 from a personal phone or a campus phone.
- Calling 911 from a campus phone will automatically notify Campus Security of the call location. Phones are located in classrooms and common areas throughout the campus.
- If you are unsure if it is an emergency, always err on the side of caution and call 911.
Emergency Line (Urgent Security/First Aid): 778-782-4500
Non-Emergency Line (Security/Safe Walk): 778-782-7991
Safe Walk Program
Safe Walk is offered in a 2-block radius, to the nearest bus stop, or between buildings until 10:30pm. Note that 611 Alexander has a taxi-voucher Safe Walk program run by the Contemporary Arts Technologist. Vouchers can be obtained at their office near the main doors.
The Vancouver Local Joint Health and Safety Committee comprises members from Management, Unions, Teaching and Research Assistants and Non-union employee groups. Below is the formal wording regarding the Committee membership:
"The committee shall consist of members from locations covered by the committee. In compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and Workers Compensation Act, committee members are designated as representing either the employer or workers employed by the University. Efforts should be made to ensure all major work groups or areas and all employee groups are represented on the committee. Employer representatives shall not out number worker representatives on the committee."
Activities of the Local Joint Health and Safety Committee:
- Address health and safety concerns that are not resolved through the normal line management structure
- Promote health and safety awareness
- Conduct annual site inspections of their areas of responsibility, review and distribute inspection summaries to relevant stakeholders and EHRS, and monitor follow-up to ensure deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner
- Participate in incident investigations as required, and recommend corrective action
- Follow-up with departments to ensure identified deficiencies are addressed in a timely manner
You may contact the Committee via email at email@example.com.