Do you have questions about how your organization can engage with SFU students?
How Can We Help Promote An Opportunity?
- You can post your opportunity on myExperience, our online posting system (we cannot do this for you)
- We can also feature your opportunity in our Bi-Weekly Student E-Newsletter, If interested please send your myExperience Job ID #, and any information (2-3 sentences) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are happy to help you promote your opportunity to our students using our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter-@SFU_Volunteer) If you are interested please email email@example.com with your Twittter handle, and an image you would like to accompany the post
How Do I Post On myExperience?
- You can access myExperience from the Volunteer Posting Guidelines. Just click on the red button at the bottom of the page and click log in on the next page.
- You will have to create an account in order to post a volunteer position (approvals of new accounts and volunteer postings are done within 2 business days). Your account must be approved before the creation of your posting. After your account has been approved, login as an employer and click 'Post a Job'. Fill out and submit our online form, and please allow 2-3 business days for your posting to be approved for us to contact you with any issues.
Can I Share a PDF of My Recruitment Poster?
Can you Email My Opportunity to Students?
- Unfortunatley, we cannot forward your promotional email to our students at this time.
- If you would like to reach our students via email, we can feature your opportunity in our Bi-Weekly E-Newsletter. If interested please send your myExperience Job ID #, and any information (2-3 sentences) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can You Post For Me On myExperience?
- We are unable to post opportunities for your organization on myExperience, if you wish to create a posting, please check the Volunteer Posting Guidelines
- Once you have aquainted yourself with our posting guidelines, please register your organization and create a job posting (a Free service for volunteer opportunities)
What Should I Include In My Posting?
Please include as much information as possible in your posting, including:
- The mandate/mission of your organization
- a detailed description of the volunteer opportunity
- tasks and responsibility of the volunteer
- skills required
- supervision provided
- number of hours/shifts per week
- benefits to the volunteer
- application process
- any other requirements that the volunteer must meet (criminal record check, etc.)
- contact information of the volunteer coordinator (email, and phone number etc.)