HOW WILL YOU DEVELOP YOUR CAREER?
Transitions from school to work can be intimidating. A career conversation or group session with us can:
- Show you the variety of options available with your degree, and ways to bring your unique experiences to the world in intentional ways.
- Discover the power of a well-written resume, develop skillful ways to search for work, and learn to connect with people and workplaces.
- Encourage you to speak about your strengths, and contribute with confidence, so that you can land your first job, and begin your career.
Make the transition easier by getting started today. We are here to inspire your future.
We use contemporary career development resources and industry insights to guide the process. Here are some of the things we can talk to you about:
- Career exploration, and pathways that lead from your degree
- The benefits of volunteering and ways to gain experience
- Meaningful exploration of dreams, doubts and possibilities
- How to make informed decisions and learn to tell your story
- Work search strategies and ways to build an awesome network
- Preparing for work: resume, CV, interview tips, LinkedIn, cover letters
- How to do research, and use online career tools
- Have a career topic you have not seen here? Ask us about it!
Career and Volunteer supports undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent alumni from all disciplines. Our Career Education Specialists and Career Peer Advisors are available to work with you at any stage. Career guidance services can support you in your career exploration, work search, portfolio development, or future education plans.
Our Centre is located on Burnaby campus, with outreach on all campuses, and accessible services provided in-person and remotely. We are aligned with SFU's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity. We look forward to working with you!
If you would like to book an appointment, please call 778-782-3106.
Burnaby: Maggie Benston Centre 0300
Surrey: SUR 2790
Vancouver: Main level, behind Information Services