Business Process Analysis
Become more process-aware and improve your understanding of how organizations use business processes to enhance operational effectiveness. In this course, you’ll learn how successful business analysts communicate and build effective business process models.
You’ll use a variety of modelling techniques, including: Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), use cases, use case diagrams, and activity diagrams from the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to analyze business needs and assess capability gaps in order to recommend solutions.
Through the course, you’ll begin to explore how to strategically align business processes with an organization’s mission in order to drive key decisions and achieve desired outcomes.
IIBA professional development hours: 14
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Sat, Jan 29, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
- Sat, Feb 5, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Analyze business process tasks to identify strengths, inefficiencies and gaps within an organization
- Create a business process that aligns with organizational needs
- Validate the accuracy of the business process outcomes and ensure that stakeholders requirements are met
- Draw a business process model using industry-standard diagramming tools
- Analyze a business process change to ensure that it aligns with organizational goals
- Integrate the business process model at an enterprise level to align with an organization’s direction
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 6–10 hours per week on coursework
- Expect reading, exercises, group discussions, case studies and presentations
You will be evaluated on a Pass/Fail basis on:
- Individual or group projects and presentations
- Participation and attendance
To graduate with the Business Analysis Certificate, successfully pass all nine courses.
Course fees do not include textbooks. We recommend you purchase your textbook as soon as you’ve registered. We will provide additional course materials online.
A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide v3). Available through the IIBA website. We will expect you to have read the textbook, as this course will reference relevant chapters.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.
Note: To participate in this course, please be sure to use a computer capable of running Office 365.