Costs and Payments


Tuition fees are listed in Canadian dollars. Costs are the same for international and domestic students.

You can find current fees listed on individual course pages or certificate or diploma pages. In general, program tuition will be the total cost of individual courses within the program.

All fees are subject to change without notice.

Note: Discounts cannot be applied retroactively.


Unless otherwise specified for your course or program, tuition costs do not cover textbooks. You can purchase most textbooks from your preferred local or online bookstore.


All courses offered as part of a certificate or diploma program are exempt from GST—even if you are not enrolled in that program. Stand-alone courses are subject to GST (SFU GST number: 118 520 725 RT).

All non-credit courses are exempt from PST.


We require payment for all courses and programs when you register. If someone else is paying for you, or if you are paying for someone else, email or call 778-782-8000 (toll free 1-844-782-8877) to arrange payment.

We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, cheque or wire transfer.

I am paying for my course


Make cheque payable to Simon Fraser University. Cheques can be mailed to:

SFU Continuing Studies
Enrollment Services
2300–515 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3

Wire transfer

Ensure your name and the program name are listed on the wire transfer. Details:

Bank of Nova Scotia, Business Support Centre
409 Granville Street, 7th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2
Bank: 002
Transit number: 03020
Account number (deposit only): 03020 22926 10
Account holder: Simon Fraser University
Swift code: NOSCCATT
ABA number: 026002532

We only accept wire transfers through the details noted above. If you’re contacted by someone claiming to represent SFU and instructed to transfer money elsewhere, please inform us immediately at or 778-782-8000. 

Someone else is paying for my course or I am paying on behalf of someone

If someone else is paying for you or if you are paying for someone else, email or call 778-782-8000 (toll free 1-844-782-8877) to arrange payment.

For information about refunds or withdrawals, visit our Policies page.

Tax receipts

If your SFU tuition fees exceed $100 in one calendar year, they may qualify as a tax credit. The payment receipt that we’ll email you after you register is your official tax receipt. To determine whether your tuition fees qualify, consult the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.

Enrollment Services mails tax certificates at the end of February of each year to all students who qualify for an education amount credit on their personal income tax returns. To determine whether a program qualifies, consult the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.

For more information about tax certificates, visit our Tax Information page.

Financial assistance

Bursaries and scholarships

The following Continuing Studies programs provide bursaries or scholarship opportunities to students enrolling in their respective areas: 

Government Funding

Aside from funding listed below, SFU Continuing Studies programs and courses are not eligible for any other B.C. or Canada Student Loans. You may wish to obtain funding through other sources such as your personal financial institution (line of credit, borrowing from RRSPs, etc.).

StrongerBC future skills grant
British Columbia’s StrongerBC future skills grant covers up to $3,500 of eligible program costs for short-term skills training.

B.C. Employer Training Grant
If you work in the private or non-profit sector in B.C., your employer may be eligible for the B.C. Employer Training Grant, which provides funding for employers to support skills training for their current and new employees.

Foreign Credential Recognition Loan
If you are an Internationally Trained Professional, you may contact S.U.C.C.E.S.S. for potential financial assistance from the Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loan Project.

Former Youth in Care Tuition Waiver
The provincial government offers a tuition waiver for former youth in care attending public post-secondary institutions in British Columbia. B.C. students who have received care from the Ministry of Children and Family Development or a Delegated Aboriginal Agency through the Child, Family and Community Service Act may be eligible for a tuition waiver for all Continuing Studies courses and programs.

Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
Individuals from the United States who have completed an approved term of national service in AmeriCorps programs may be able to use funding from the Segal Americorps Education Award towards tuition for programs and courses at SFU Continuing Studies.

Other funding

The potential funding sources listed below are independent organizations not connected to SFU Continuing Studies.