Hosting Powerful Conversations: Introduction to World Cafe and Open Space Technology
Learn the theory and practice of two effective conversation-based methods for dialogue: World Cafe and Open Space Technology. Through a participatory process, you will identify powerful questions and the situations best suited to using these methods.
Duration: 1 day
Can be applied to:
Dialogue and Civic Engagement Certificate
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
Start DateFri, Jan 19, 2024
- Fri, Jan 19, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and practice of World Café and Open Space Technology
- Determine the situations best suited to using World Café and Open Space Technology
- Identify and ask powerful questions
- Identify the pitfalls and promise of two techniques for sitting in circle, listening, learning and opening space for dialogue and positive change
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Advance readings
- Assignments to be completed outside of scheduled class times
- Class discussions and exercises
- Recommended reading
You will be evaluated on:
- Class participation
No textbook is required. We will provide all course materials online.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.