- About us
- News & Events
- For Faculty + Staff
Lara Campbell (she/her)
- BA (History) and BSW (Social Work): McMaster University
- MA (History): University of Toronto
- PhD: (History): Queen’s University
Pre-and Post-Confederation women’s history; History of social protest in North America; History of sex/gender in the 1960s; Feminist Theory; Introduction to Gender
- Gender History: Canadian Perspectives. Co-authored with Willeen Keough. Don Mills: Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Worth Fighting For: War Resistance in Canada from the War of 1812 to the War on Terror. Edited with Catherine Gidney and Michael Dawson. Toronto: Between the Lines Press, 2015.
- Debating Dissent: The Sixties in Canada. Edited with Greg Kealey and Dominique Clément. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2012.
- Respectable Citizens: Gender, Family, and Unemployment in Ontario’s Great Depression (University of Toronto Press, 2009)
- Rethinking Canada: The Promise of Women’s History. 8th Edition. Edited with Adele Perry and Tamara Myers. Don Mills: Oxford University Press, 2016. Forthcoming.
- Canadian Women’s Enfranchisement and Struggles for Democracy: A History of Suffrage in British Columbia. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press, 2016. Under Contract
- Dean’s Medal for Academic Excellence, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Simon Fraser University 
- National Capital Committee on the Scholarship, Preservation and Dissemination of Women’s History, Marion Dewar Prize, 2011
- Honourable Mention, Respectable Citizens, Canadian Women’s Studies Association Book Prize, 2011; Honourable Mention, Respectable Citizens, Sir John A. MacDonald Book Prize, Canadian Historical Association, 2010
- SFU, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Lesley Cormack Teaching Award, 2010