Edward Jung Wook Park
Associate Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences
Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Ph.D., University of Toronto, Canada, 2003
M.A.Sc., University of Toronto, Canada, 1999
B.A.Sc., University of British Columbia, Canada, 1996
- Biomedical technologies,
- Wearable technologies,
- Biomedical Engineering
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 231 Engineering Materials (now MSE 220)
- ENSC 387 Introduction to Sensors and Actuators (now MSE 310)
- ENSC 461/894 Manufacturing Systems (now MSE 480/780)
Selected recent publications
- H. Esmaeilsabzali, T.V. Beischlag, M.E. Cox, A.M. Parameswaran, and E.J. Park, “Detection and Isolation of Circulating Tumor Cells: Principles and Methods”, Biotechnology Advances, 31(7), pp. 1063-1084, 2013. [5-yr IF: 11.850]
- K. Sakaki, H. Esmaeilsabzali, S. Massah, G. Prefontaine, N. Dechev, R. Burke, and E.J. Park, " Localized, Macromolecular Transport for Thin, Adherent, Single Cells via an Automated single Cell Electroporation Biomanipulator”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 60(11), pp. 3113-3123, 2013.
- F. Firmani and E.J. Park, “Theoretical Analysis of the State of Balance in Bipedal Walking”, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 135(4), 041003, 2013.
- B. Ulutas, D. Kerley, J. Dunn, A. Suleman, and E.J. Park, “Distributed H∞ Control of Dynamically Coupled Segmented Telescope Mirrors: Design and Simulation”, Mechatronics, 22(1), pp. 121-135, 2012.
- J.K. Lee, G.T. Desmoulin, A.H. Khan, and E.J. Park, “Comparison of 3D Spinal Motions during Stair-climbing between Individuals with and without Low Back Pain”, Gait & Posture, 34(2), pp. 222-226, 2011.
- G. Gilardi, E. Haslam, V. Bundhoo, and E.J. Park, "Shape Memory Alloy Based Tendon-Driven Actuation Mechanism for Biomimetic Artificial Fingers, Part II: Modeling and Control", Robotica, 28(5), pp. 675-687, 2010.
- V. Bundhoo, E. Haslam, B. Birch, and E.J. Park, "Shape Memory Alloy-Based Tendon-Driven Actuation System for Biomimetic Artificial Fingers, Part I: Design and Evaluation", Robotica, 27(1), pp. 131-146, 2009.
- K. Sakaki, I.G. Foulds, W.N. Liu, R.D. Burke, N. Dechev, and E.J. Park, "RoboSCell: An Automated Single Cell Arraying and Analysis Instrument", Biomedical Microdevices, 11(6), pp. 1317-1330, 2009.
- J.K. Lee and E.J. Park, "Minimum-Order Kalman Filter via Vector Selector for Human Body Orientation Estimation", IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 25(5), pp. 1196-1201, 2009.
- K. Karakoc, E.J. Park, and A. Suleman, "Design Considerations for an Automotive Magneto-rheological Brake", Mechatronics, 18(8), pp. 434-447, 2008. (Most cited article since 2008).