Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Canada Research Chair in Alternative Energy Conversion Systems
Area of Expertise: Sustainable thermodynamic energy systems
Ph.D., University of Waterloo, Canada, 2004
M.Sc., Amir Kabir University of Technology, Iran, 1995
B.Sc., Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 1992
- Waste-heat driven sorption technology
- Energy storage systems
- Multiscale transport phenomena in functional materials
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
Recently taught courses
- MSE 223: Introduction to Fluid Mechanics
- MSE 321: Introduction to Engineering Thermodynamics
- MSE 461: Energy Conversion
- MSE 893: Advanced Convection Heat Transfer
- MSE 895: Advanced Conduction Heat Transfer
Selected recent publications
- H. Bahrehmand , M. Bahrami, (2019) “An analytical design tool for sorber bed heat exchangers of sorption cooling systems”, International Journal of Refrigeration, 100: 368-379.
- P. Thimmaiah, A. K. Panda, U. K. Pandey, C. McCague, P. Dutta, H.Bahramand, and M. Bahrami, (2018) “A new approach to compute the porosity and surface roughness of porous coated Capillary-Assisted Low Pressure Evaporators”, Nature Scientific Reports, 8: 11708.
- P. Jamzad, J. Kenna, M. Bahrami, (2019) “Development of novel plate heat exchanger using natural graphite sheet”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 131: 1205-1210.
- S. Salari, J. Stumper, and M. Bahrami, (2018) “Direct measurement and modeling relative gas diffusivity of PEMFC catalyst layers: The effect of ionomer to carbon ratio, operating temperature, porosity, and pore size distribution ”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 43: 16704-6718.
- M. Yazdanpour, P. Taheri, A, Mansouri, and M. Bahrami, (2014) "A distributed analytical electro-thermal model for pouch-type lithium-ion batteries," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 161: A1953-A1963.
For more information www.sfu.ca/~mbahrami/publication.html.