Associate Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Ph.D., University of Waterloo, Canada, 2006
M.Sc. University of Toronto, Canada, 2003
B.Sc. University of Tehran, Iran, 1998
- Vibration Control, Nonlinear Systems
- Smart Materials and Structures
- Energy Harvesting, Vehicle Efficiency
- Dental Haptics, Haptic devices and Interfaces
- Advanced Vibration
- Linear Systems
- Feedback Control Systems
- Mechatronic Design II
- Nonlinear Systems
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 460 Advanced Vibration
- ENSC 384 Mechatronic Design II
- ENSC 383 Feedback Control Systems
- ENSC 380 Linear Systems
Selected recent publications
- Hoyle, A., Arzanpour, S., Shen, Y., 2010, “A Novel Magnetorheological Damper Based Parallel Planar Manipulator Design”, Journal of Smart Materials and Structures, Volume.19, No.5, (9pp)
- Khameneifar, F., Moallem, M., Arzanpour, S, 2011“Modeling and Analysis of a Piezoelectric Energy Scavenger for Rotary Motion Applications”, Journal of Vibrations and Acoustics, Volume 133, Issue 1, 6 pp.
- Mansour, H., Arzanpour, S., Golnaraghi, F., Parameswaran, A.M., 2011, “Semi-active engine mount design using auxiliary magnetorheological fluid compliance chamber”, Vehicle Systems Dynamics, Volume 49, Issue 3, pp. 449 – 462
- Arzanpour, S., Golnaraghi, M.F., 2009, “Development of an Active Compliance Chamber to Enhance Performance of Hydraulic Bushings”, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Volume 132, Issue 4, 7pp.
- Arzanpour, S., Golnaraghi, M.F., 2008, “Development of a bushing with an active compliance chamber for variable displacement engines”, Vehicle Systems Dynamics, Volume. 46, Issue 10 , pp. 867 - 887.