We may also suggest that you use existing avenues for resolution of the complaint in other University offices, as for example with issues involving Human Rights (i.e. discrimination on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or disability) you may want to contact SFU's Human Rights Office.
If your complaint or issue is outside the jurisdiction of our Office (for example, a complaint that does not relate to SFU such as a landlord/tenant dispute or issue with an off campus employer) we may not be able to assist you.
Other SFU resources
- Withdrawals Under Extenuating Circumstances: https://www.sfu.ca/students/appeals/withdrawals.html
- Senate Appeals: https:/www.sfu.ca/students/appeals/senate.html
- Grade Appeals: https://www.sfu.ca/policies/gazette/teaching/t20-01.html
- SFU Human Rights Office: https://www.sfu.ca/humanrights.html
- Health and Counselling Services: https://www.sfu.ca/students/health/
- Polices and Procedures: https://www.sfu.ca/policies.html
- Academic Integrity: https://www.sfu.ca/students/academicintegrity.html
- Campus Security: https://www.sfu.ca/srs/security.html
- Bullying & Harassment Central Hub https://www.sfu.ca/bullying-harassment.html
- Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office http://www.sfu.ca/sexual-violence.html
- BC Residential Tenancy Branch: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/housing-tenancy/residential-tenancies
- BC Employment Standards Branch: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/employment-business/employment-standards-advice/employment-standards