The Simon Fraser Student Society Accessibility Fund, launched in 2005, exists to help remove barriers to participation in Student Society activities. Students with disabilities, or any event organizer, can use this fund to increase accessibility at SFSS activities. This includes any meeting or event organized by Departmental Student Unions, SFSS Clubs or the SFSS.
Examples of costs that may be covered by the Accessibility Fund:
- Building a ramp to get to an SFSS meeting
- Printing Departmental Student Union minutes in Braille
- Captioning services at an SFSS political debate
- Sign language interpreter at a club event
- and more accommodations are available!