Exam Start Times
When you are writing with the CAL, exams are normally scheduled to start at the same time as when the regular exam is being held. The exceptions to this policy are as follows:
- Your authorized exam accommodations include extra time and/or breaks, which cause your scheduled end time to be later than the scheduled end time of the in-class exam. In this case, the exam can be scheduled by the Centre to begin earlier in the day as necessary to ensure that your scheduled end time matches the scheduled in-class end time.
- You are authorized for an accommodation that requires certain test dates and/or times to be changed. If you are authorized for such an exam accommodation, the Disability Access Advisor will inform you of this when the accommodation is granted. At this time, the Disability Access Advisor will also outline the procedure that will be followed if and when your exams must be rescheduled.
- During busy times of the academic year when there are significant increases in the number of exams being written with the Centre for Accessible Learning, the Centre reserves the right to move your exam start times to an earlier time than the originally scheduled to account for the availability of space and resources at the test sites.
- Evening exams, which will be scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m.
- During the final exam period, when the Centre administers exams during three sittings:
1:30 p.m. start time for all final exams scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. start time for all final exams scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m.
(During the final exam period, the Centre will be open to accommodate weekend exams)
Regardless of start time, students will be held at the Centre without access to communication devices until 30 minutes into the start of the class exam in order to maintain exam security. While 'holds' are the default practice, instructors may indicate their desire to waive this requirement when submitting exam details online.