Research Your Options
Once you've attended and Exchange Info Session or watched Study Abroad 101, you can start doing more research on the specific program(s) that interest you.
International Services for Students (ISS) programs:
Other international opportunities are available to SFU students. Please note these programs are not administered by ISS.
You can email your questions to the Study Abroad Advisor for the program you are interested in studying. Be sure to include:
- your full legal name
- SFU Student ID number
- area you are interested in studying, if known
- confirm that you have attended or watched Study Abroad 101.
2: Scheduled Appointments by Phone or Zoom
Check out the Study Abroad Calendar to see when advising appointments are offered. If you would like to meet by phone, please add your phone number in the "student note" section. If you are outside of Canada, please include your country code, area code.
To book an advising appointment:
- Log into the Study Abroad System (if you do not have an existing account please register first).
- Click on "Appointments"
- Complete the search filters to book a phone or online (via Zoom) appointment.
Selecting the correct filters will allow the appropriate staff member to best advise you.
- Prospective Students: Initial Study Abroad Advising, Applying to Exchange, Applying to Field School. Please review the information online related to your program of interest
- Nominated/Accepted Students: Nominated to Exchange (General/Host Application), Accepted to Field School. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org any docments you wish to discuss (eg. your host application documents and/or online system screenshot).
- Nominated and Returning Students: (Exchange Credit) Advising related to your exchange credit application and status. This appointment will only be to discuss exchange credit related questions.
- Returned from Exchange: (General) Advising related to questions you may have following your return from Exchange.
- Returned from Field School
Tip: Add a Student Note to your appointment if there are specific things you would like to discuss in your appointment. While we work remotely, please be sure to include your phone number or preference for Zoom (Zoom meeting room information will be provided in the booking confirmation email).
Running Late or Cancelling?
- If you are running late please inform ISS by emailing your advisor. If you are more than 5 minutes late and we have not been notified, your appointment will be cancelled.
- A limited number of appointments are offered per week. In consideration of others, if you cannot make your appointment, please change or cancel it in advance in your Study Abroad System account.
International Services for Students (ISS) Office
Currently working remotely (online) to support you.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (except holidays)
International Services for Students
Simon Fraser University
MBC 1200, 8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6 Canada