- News & Events
- VPFA Internal Site
Bookstore & Spirit Shop
ACCESS: IN-PERSON AND ONLINE
The SFU Bookstore will offer both physical and digital delivery options for textbooks through their comprehensive online portal on their website where students can browse and find the texts that instructors have carefully chosen for their courses.
The SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop is open to the public on Burnaby Campus from Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 4:30 pm.
You can also browse gifts and spirit wear in person at the Bookstore and Spirit Shop on Burnaby Campus.
The SFU Spirit Shop is also available online to ship SFU spirit wear, gifts and locally made products anywhere in the world with free shipping in Canada for purchases over $50.
For hours of operation along with other information, please visit: Bookstore and Spirit Shop
Campus Public Safety
emergency contact information
- For an Emergency on campus, dial 911.
- Urgent assistance is available 24/7 at each of our campuses – Call 778-782-4500
- Fire and emergency safety routes will be posted in all classrooms and buildings. Please familiarize yourself with emergency exits and procedures so you’ll know what to do in case of emergency.
- For more information visit: Campus Safety and Security
A reminder that Safe Walk will continue to be available to students, staff and faculty.
- The Safe Walk Program provides SFU community members with a Campus Security escort to support safe travel on campus 24/7.
- To request a Safe Walk escort: Call the Campus Security non-emergency line: 778-782-7991
- You can request a Safe Walk to anywhere on SFU property.
- Burnaby campus: Request a Safe Walk to anywhere on campus
- Surrey campus: Request an escort to nearby transit stops
- Vancouver campus: Safe Walk is offered in a two-block radius, to the nearest bus stop, or between buildings until 10:30 p.m. Note that 611 Alexander has a taxi-voucher Safe Walk program run by the Contemporary Arts Technologist. Vouchers can be obtained at their office near the main doors
- For more information, visit: Safe Walk
- For minor injuries, call Campus Security, or if an injured person can walk, proceed to the nearest first aid facility located at all three campuses.
campus safety guides
- There are a number of helpful Campus public Safety guides covering a number of topics such as: wildlife, controlled substances, harassment, scams and fraud, theft prevention and students in distress guides. For more information visit: Safety Guides
srs access control services (for keys, cards and fobs)
- Access Control is now open in-person for staff, faculty and students without an appointment.
- For more information visit: Keys, Cards and Fobs
- Find the locations of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator) across SFU Campuses here.
Lost and found
- Burnaby Campus - Call our information kiosk at 778-782-5451. One of our Student Safety Engagement Program (SSEP) members can search our database or log your item. If you receive no answer, inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com
- Surrey Campus - Visit the security desk located in the Mezzanine to report lost items.
- Vancouver Campus - Visit the security desk in your building, call 778-782-5029 or contact Facilities via firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS: IN-PERSON AND ONLINE
Off-campus access to lab computers
Open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
For more information regarding access to in-person computer labs, including up-to-date hours of operation, see our hours.
For more information on the IT Services website visit: Computer Labs
ACCESS: IN-PERSON AND ONLINE
In-person Document Solutions services on the Burnaby campus are now available along with online services to meet the print and digital needs of the community including decals, signage, posters, design support and more.
For more information please visit: Document Solutions
Routine maintenance requests
- For repairs or maintenance to campus buildings, grounds, utilities or equipment, Submit a Facilities Services Request.
- Types of routine maintenance requests include: air quality / HVAC, custodial services, elevators, electrical, snow removal, plumbing, etc.
- For more information, see Routine Maintenance Requests.
Urgent Maintenance Requests
- Urgent maintenance requests warrant immediate response to mitigate the situation before conditions escalate or worsen.
- Power outages, flooding or gas leaks should be reported immediately by phone to the Facilities Service Desk at:
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:15pm (Monday - Friday) - Facilities Service Desk: 778.782.3582
- After hours (Weekend & Holidays) - Campus Security: 778.782.3100
Construction and renovation work happens throughout the year in various locations across all three campuses. For more information please visit: Facilities Services
- SFU Food is here to provide you with healthy, local and fresh options across Burnaby Mountain.
24/7 Dining Commons services are available with 10 additional stations added in 2022.
For a comprehensive list of all available dining options and hours of operation on Burnaby Mountain, including UniverCity, visit our website for more information
IT Service Desk
ACCESS: PHONE, EMAIL, IN-PERSON AND ONLINE
- Committed to improving the digital experience through ServiceHub, the new, streamlined support and ticketing system.
- Follow @SFU_IT on Twitter for the latest system updates or announcements
- Check the IT Services outage calendar for timelines on planned system maintenance or outages
- Visit in-person Service Desks on all three campuses
Meeting, Event and Conference Services (MECS)
ACCESS: IN-PERSON AND VIRTUAL
Meeting, Event, and Conference Services are available to serve both virtual and in-person needs, both indoor and outdoor, for the SFU community.
For more information, please visit: Meetings, Events and Conference Services
Parking & Sustainable Mobility
ACCESS: ONLINE AND PHONE
Parking & Sustainable Mobility Services uses a user-friendly parking system with numerous parking options, including a new 10-day FlexPass parking option for commuters visiting campus two to three times per week, but do not wish to purchase a monthly or term permit.
Hourly and daily parking can be purchased digitally via Honk Contactless Parking through your web browser or through the Honk parking app.
This system uses license plate recognition software that eliminates the need for paper or sticker parking passes or permits.
Permits for students, staff and faculty, as well as external staff, will now be issued digitally through the parking website.
Parking pay stations that issue paper tickets are currently still available for hourly or daily parking but won’t accept cash or coins.
At the Surrey campus, there is a designated parking area for the SFU permit holders to use on P3 of the Central City Mall parkade.
Shuttle service on the Burnaby campus is operating to serve you.
Evo, Modo, Lyft and Uber will all be available on the Burnaby campus, as will places to lock up your bike including our bike cage. Please contact Parking and Sustainable Mobility to register for access to the bike cage.
For more information and to register for parking, please visit: Parking
Evolve e-bike share
Thirty Evolve e-bikes are available to ride on Burnaby Mountain 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The electric pedal-assist bikes can be found at nine designated parking stations strategically located across campus, including outside student residences to the west and in the UniverCity neighbourhood to the east.
For more info visit: Parking & Sustainable Mobility's Bike Share Page
Wayfinding On Campus
- Created by students, for students, SFU Snap app provides students with the information they need to easily plan their campus experience.
- Access personalized information including course schedules, exams and upcoming Canvas assignments plus your library record.
- Also find room locations, consult transit schedules and explore campus services like dining and parking.
- The Snap App is available to download for free on the App Store
- For room finding on a desktop, check out Room Finder.
- Phishing is a tactic used by cybercriminals to trick individuals into revealing personal information. At SFU, we're committed to combating cyber threats and consistently enhancing our security measures. Learn how to spot and avoid phishing attempts.
- At SFU, we prioritize digital safety. We work with you to protect your personal data and ensure a secure online experience. Check out our top tips for staying safe online.
Re-use For Good
ACCESS: ONLINE AND IN-PERSON
Umbracity Umbrella Share
- Launched in Vancouver, Canada in 2015, UmbraCity is the easiest and most sustainable way to put an umbrella in everyone’s hands when they need it. UmbraCity has developed a network of fully automated, smart umbrella rental kiosks that provide on-demand access to umbrellas to our community — whether you’re a resident or commuter, or somewhere in between. Find out how to use Umbracity here.
- Mugshare is a social impact program that provides a safe, reusable alternative to single-use cups through a convenient deposit-return system and is available at Rennaissance Cafe on Burnaby Campus. Read more about Mugshare here.
Re-use For Good Tip: Make brining and using your reusable coffee cups and water bottles a priority this year!