- Campus public safety
- Campus security
- Keys, cards & alarms
- Traffic safety
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Campus Public Safety is temporarily suspending all vehicular Safewalk transport, effective immediately, due to extra precautions during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Safe Walk Program provides SFU community members with a Campus Security escort to support safe travel on campus 24/7.
The Safe Walk escort is provided by either a security officer or a student campus safety member. These Safe Walk personnel are equipped with portable radios and flashlights and are in direct communication with the Security Operations Centre dispatcher.
Safe Walk personnel can be identified by a valid SFU Campus Security picture identification card.
Requesting a Safe Walk
To request a Safe Walk escort:
- Call the Campus Security non-emergency line: 778-782-7991
- Use any of the direct dial telephones
- When requesting a Safe Walk, always give the dispatcher the exact location where you are and the destination desired
- After making the request for a Safe Walk, wait for the escort inside a building if possible. The escort will meet you at the location specified
Remember that you cannot reserve a Safe Walk time; you must call when you need the escort.
You can request a Safe Walk to anywhere on SFU property.
- Burnaby campus: Request a Safe Walk to anywhere on campus
- Surrey campus: Request an escort to nearby transit stops
- Vancouver campus: Safe Walk is offered in a 2 block radius, to the nearest bus stop, or between buildings until 10:30pm. Note that 611 Alexander has a taxi-voucher Safe Walk program run by the Contemporary Arts Technologist. Vouchers can be obtained at their office near the main doors