Welcome to Dining Commons!
Now open, the new building features dining options from 10+ culinary stations, and plenty of space to share a meal with friends or plug in your laptop while you grab a bite and study.
At Dining Commons you'll discover...
- Over 28,000 sq ft of dining space, including a patio and mezzanine level.
- 500 seats have been added, with a variety of seating configurations from family-style tables, to bistro and bar seating.
- Increased access to electrical outlets and WIFI means that students can stay connected while studying and grabbing a bite to eat.
- Great new culinary stations showcase global cuisines, plant-forward options, and more.
Built and operated with sustainability in mind...
- Dining Commons is designed as a LEED Gold building
- SFU is a Fair Trade Gold Campus: coffee, sugar, bananas, and some spices are Fairtrade certified
- The vast majority of dishware and cutlery are reusable, which helps eliminate single-use dishes and cutlery
- Food waste is composted
- 40% of ingredients purchased at Dining Commons are locally grown and/or processed in British Columbia