Welcome to the brand new Dining Commons!
Now open, the new building features dinning options from 10+ culinary stations, and plenty of space to share a meal with friends or plug in your laptop while you grab a bite and study.
At Dining Commons you'll discover...
- Over 28,000 sq ft of dining space, including a patio and mezzanine level.
- 500 seats have been added, with a variety of seating configurations from family-style tables, to bistro and bar seating.
- Increased access to electrical outlets and WIFI means that students can stay connected while studying and grabbing a bite to eat.
- Great new culinary stations showcase global cuisines, plant-forward options, and more.
Built and operated with sustainability in mind...
- Dining Commons is designed as a LEED Gold building
- SFU is a Fair Trade Gold Campus: coffee, sugar, bananas, and some spices are Fairtrade certified
- The vast majority of dishware and cutlery are reusable, which helps eliminate single-use dishes and cutlery
- Food waste is composted
- 40% of ingredients purchased at Dining Commons are locally grown and/or processed in British Columbia
Get a Taste Of What Dining Commons Offers
The Hot Plate
Choose your protein, veggies, sauce and watch it cooked fresh in front of you on the Teppanyaki-style grill.
Vegetables shine front and center at this new station—perfect for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone looking to eat more delicious plant forward foods.
Stop by this station during the day to build your own omelet and the Dining Commons staff will make it to your specifications. Come back in the evening and enjoy the curated selection of sauces and pastas at the cutomizable pasta bar.
This popular DIY kitchen will reopen as a space for students to exercise their culinary chops. Choose from a variety of ingredients and kitchen tools to whip up your own culinary masterpieces or quick meals.
Stop by for lunch and build the sandwich of your dreams or choose one of the delicious, chef-created daily features.