UNDER CONSTRUCTION - COMING SOON
The new Dining Commons is envisioned as a landmark building. Located at the terminus of the campus spine, the Dining Commons will be the gateway to the student housing precinct. Providing dining, food services, study, meeting and social commons space, it is expected it will be the center of the housing precinct and become the heart of the student experience.
The new Dining Commons will enable SFU to:
- Provide expanded capacity to successfully deliver food services to an expanding residence population as part of the Residence and Housing Master Plan.
- Showcase global cuisine focusing on local and seasonal ingredients for our students, visitors, staff and faculty.
- Offer the MyPantry self-cooking station as a backdrop to building community between students.
- Deliver a building that can accommodate a variety of experiences: eating, socializing, studying, leisure, etc.
- Establish a holistic vision of sustainability that includes the built environment and building operations, following in the tradition of the Coast Salish peoples for which the Burnaby Campus is traditional territory.
- Expand on its environmental sustainability, Zero Waste and Fair Trade initiatives.