- Campus public safety
- Campus security
- Keys, cards & alarms
- Traffic safety
Access Control (Keys / Cards & Fobs) & Locksmith Services Suspended
Please note effective immediately, in-person access control and locksmith services have been suspended at all campuses until Covid-19 precautions have been lifted. Urgent issues such as broken keys in locks for those in residences and security issues will be addressed on a case by case basis. Urgent access control issues should be reported by calling the non-emergency security line 778-782-7991. Routine key requests will not be serviced at this time but card/fob updates will occur as resources allow. No new card/fob issuing will occur until the office re-opens.
Place an order
For all requests, approved departmental authorities complete the requisition form, ensuring that all information is filled out correctly and submit electronically to the listed email address. Note that missing or incorrect information will delay processing.
Wait time: up to 5 full business days may be required depending on volume. Expect longer wait times during the beginning of the semester.
For help completing Burnaby and Vancouver requisition forms, see our requisition help guide.
- Complete the Burnaby door key/card/fob requisition form.
- Computing Science students: please review the Computing Science FAQ.
- Locksmith services: For rekeying or obtaining new door locks, cabinet keys, or desk keys complete the Locksmith work order form (Kruger International, National & CES locks only). Our lockshop is able to cut keys for most standard keys used at SFU, but in some cases departments may have to contact the office furniture supplier. Note that cabinet and desk key requests are processed as resourcing allows.
- Signing authorities submit form to email@example.com; upon receipt an auto-reply will provide the current turn-around time.
After the end of the wait time specified on your auto-response email, visit the Discovery 1 building, room 1300 to pick up your keys. Photo ID required for all transactions. Students, visitors and contractors bring your debit or credit card to cover any refundable deposit fee or service charge, where applicable.
Your Surrey photo ID is also your access card to offices, rooms, and labs. Visit the Registrar and Information Services counter to pick up your card. A valid piece of photo identification is required when you are picking up your SFU card.
Each faculty or staff office is individually keyed and keys are provided by Facilities and requested via the routing slip. Card access right updates can be requested for individual cards/fobs by submitting a Surrey card requisition form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open from 8:30am until 4:00pm,
Monday to Friday
- Complete the Vancouver door key/ card requisition form.
- Signing authorities submit the form to email@example.com. Signing authorities will be advised when keys/cards/fobs are ready for pick-up.
- Once notified, pick up your items at Vancouver Facilities Service at Harbour Centre room 500. Photo identification required for all transactions. Students, visitors and contractors bring your debit or credit card to cover any refundable deposit fee or service charge, where applicable.
Facilities Services - Vancouver Office Harbrour Centre, Room 500
Open from 9:00am - 4:00pm,
Monday to Friday
Visa, Mastercard, debit are accepted.
Cash is not accepted in Vancouver.
Bulk loading of cardholder data is provided for authorized large groups. Template files for Burnaby include the rights and tombtone files for Honeywell, Surrey's basic Honeywell load file and the common SRYE and Vancouver campus rights file and tombstone file. Authorized groups have been provided a standards document that provides authorized entry samples. Requests for consideration for bulk updating can be made by contacting the PSS Manager.
Please note: All requested keys, cards and fobs must be picked up within 30 days of the request being processed, unless prior arrangements have been made. Requisitions are held for the current semester. After week 3 of the following semester, unclaimed requisitions are audited before returning the key to inventory. If the key/card/fob is still required, an authorized access control approved signing authority will need to submit a new requisition. Photo ID is required for all transactions.
Visit the Access control FAQ for more information, to review University policy, and for procedure updates.
Access Control & Locksmith Services are provided by Facilities Services in Surrey & Vancouver.