Professor, School of Engineering Science
Sierra Wireless Professorship in Mobile Communication
IEEE Distinguished Lecturer
B.E., Electrical Engineering, Canterbury University, New Zealand , 1976.
M.E. , Electrical Engineering, Canterbury University, New Zealand, 1977.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Aalborg University, Denmark, 1985.
- Signal processing
- Digital communications
- Antenna theory and design
- Radiowave propagation
- Antennas and propagation
- Signal theory and processing
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 810 Statistical Signal Processing; ENSC Special Topic: MIMO Communications
- ENSC 320 Electric Circuits
Selected recent publications
- S.A.Banani, R.G. Vaughan, "OFDM with iterative blind channel estimation", IEEE Transactions, Vol. VT-59, No. 5, pp.4298-4308, November 2010.
- J.X.Yun, R.G.Vaughan, " Open slot antenna in a small ground plane ", IET Proceedings on Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.200-213, January 2011.
- J.Ren, R.G.Vaughan, Part I:"Modeling bottom reverberation for sonar sensor motion", and Part II: Model-based sonar motion compensation for bottom reverberation coherence", IEEE Journal of Ocean Engineering, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 877-886, 887-894, November 2010.
- Mahanfar, S-W Lee, A.M.Parameswaran, R.G.Vaughan, " Self-Assembled Monopole Antennas With Arbitrary Shapes and Tilt Angles for System-on-Chip and System-in-Package Applications ", IEEE Transactions, Vol. AP-58, No. 9, pp.3020-3028, September 2010.