- Transfer Students
- Student Union
- What can you do with a sociology or anthropology degree?
- MA Programs
- PhD Programs
Graduate Studies Guide
- General Information
- MA in Sociology or Anthropology
- PhD in Sociology or Anthropology
- Committee Composition, Supervision and Choice of Topic
- Progress Reports
- Course Grade Appeals
- Graduate Student Offices, Computer Lab and Meeting Spaces
- Leaves and Withdrawals
- Applications for Program Extension
- Graduate Student Association
- Current Graduate Students
- News & Events
Associate Member, Department of Sociology & Anthropology
Eugene McCann is a professor in the Department of Geography and an Associate Member of the Department of Sociology & Anthropology. He received his PhD in Geography from the University of Kentucky, and his MA in Geography from Miami University. McCann is an urban geographer whose research focuses on the political struggles, strategies, practices, and negotiations that characterize urban policy-making. He has published three books: Urban Geography (Wiley-Blackwell, 2015, authored with Andrew Jonas and Mary Thomas), Cities and Social Change (Sage, 2014, edited with Ronan Paddison), and Mobile Urbanism (Minnesota, 2011, edited with Kevin Ward) and over 50 journal articles and book chapters.
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.