- Transfer Students
- Student Union
- What can you do with a sociology or anthropology degree?
- MA Programs
- PhD Programs
Graduate Studies Guide
- General Information
- MA in Sociology or Anthropology
- PhD in Sociology or Anthropology
- Committee Composition, Supervision and Choice of Topic
- Progress Reports
- Course Grade Appeals
- Graduate Student Offices, Computer Lab and Meeting Spaces
- Leaves and Withdrawals
- Applications for Program Extension
- Graduate Student Association
- Current Graduate Students
- News & Events
Transferring to SFU
If you are interested in transferring to SFU from another college or university, please visit the Student Services transfer page.
Tips for a smooth transfer:
- To optimize your transfer, take courses now that will count toward the required lower division courses in the program you are thinking about. For instance, if you’re thinking about an anthropology major, consider taking a course that will transfer as SA 101.
- Some courses don’t transfer as a specific SA course at SFU, but they do count toward SA units. On the BC Transfer Guide, these are listed as SA 1XX, 2XX, 1ANTH, 2ANTH, 1SOCI or 2SOCI. These courses can be used to fulfill lower division elective requirements.
- Consider taking courses, in any field, that will transfer and meet general SFU WQB requirements.
- If you can't find the answers you are looking for online, email your questions and a copy of your transcript to email@example.com.
Transferring from an institution within British Columbia:
Please visit our program page and see which major or minor you would like to pursue. On the right hand side of each program pages, you can find our program checklists.
Visit the BC Transfer Guide and see how your courses can be tranferred to SFU.
Transferring from an institution outside of British Columbia:
The Admissions office will transfer your courses automatically when you are admitted to SFU.
If you have questions about any of our programs, please e-mail the undergraduate advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your transcript.