- Transfer Students
- Student Union
- What can you do with a sociology or anthropology degree?
- MA Programs
- PhD Programs
Graduate Studies Guide
- General Information
- MA in Sociology or Anthropology
- PhD in Sociology or Anthropology
- Committee Composition, Supervision and Choice of Topic
- Progress Reports
- Course Grade Appeals
- Graduate Student Offices, Computer Lab and Meeting Spaces
- Leaves and Withdrawals
- Applications for Program Extension
- Graduate Student Association
- Current Graduate Students
- News & Events
Graduate Studies Guide: Course Grade Appeals
For the University regulations on the reconsideration of a grade, students should refer to section 1.16.1 in the Graduate General Regulations.
Normally, the first line of appeal should be to the instructor. The student should, in a timely manner, request an explanation for the grade or request a reassessment. If differences surrounding the grade cannot be resolved between the instructor and the student, then the matter should be taken to the Chair of the Department, following the procedures outlined in the Graduate General Regulations section 1.16.