- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Alumni Scholarships for Students in Kinesiology
- The Craig Asmundson BPK Engagement Award
- The Harold Hancheroff Memorial Scholarship in Sports Education
- Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK
- National Bank Financial Award
- The Nihal Singh Ras Undergraduate Bursary
- Stephen Harold Edward Herring Award
- Undergraduate Travel and Minor Research Awards in BPK
- The BCAK - Craig Asmundson Undergraduate Bursary in Kinesiology
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
Dr. Sam Doesburg
Associate Professor (Starting September 1st, 2015)
Postdoctoral Fellowship (Child and Family Research Institute, Vancouver)
Ph.D., Neuroscience (University of British Columbia)
B.Sc.(Hons), Psychology (University of Toronto)
Phone: (778) 782-3737
Fax: (778) 782-3040
Callum Frost Professor in Translational Research in Autism, SFU
Co-director, Behavioural and Cognitive Neuroscience Institute
- Magnetoencephalographic (MEG) brain imaging of typical and atypical brain oscillations and networks
- Translational research in autism
- Brain oscillations and networks in cognition and development
- Dunkley BT, Da Costa L, Bethune A, Jetly R, Pang EW, Taylor MJ, Doesburg SM. (2015) Low-frequency amplitude is associated with mild traumatic brain injury. NeuroImage: Clinical.7: 611-621.
- Ye AX, Leung RC, Schäfer CB, Taylor MJ, Doesburg SM (2014) Atypical resting synchrony in autism spectrum disorder. Human Brain Mapping. 35(12): 6049-6066.
- Schäfer CB, Morgan BR, Ye AX, Taylor MJ, Doesburg SM (2014) Oscillations, networks and development: MEG connectivity changes with age. Human Brain Mapping. 35(10): 5249-5261.
- Leung RC, Ye AX, Wong SM, Taylor MJ, Doesburg SM (2014) Reduced connectivity during emotional face processing in adolescents with autism. Molecular Autism. 5:15.
- Bangel K, Batty M, Ye AX, Meaux E, Taylor MJ, Doesburg SM (2014) Reduced beta band connectivity during number estimation in autism. NeuroImage: Clinical. 6: 202-213.
- Ibrahim GM, Cassel D, Morgan BR, Smith ML, Otsubo H, Ochi A, Taylor MJ, Rutka JT, Snead OC, Doesburg SM (2014) Resilience of oscillatory brain networks to interictal epilepstiform discharges associated with cognitive outcome in children with focal epilepsy. Brain. 137(10): 2690-2702.
- Ibrahim GM, Wong S, Anderson R, Singh-Cadieux G, Akiyama T, Ochi A, Otsubo H, Okanishi T, Valiente TA, Donner E, Rutka JT, Snead OC, Doesburg SM (2014) Dynamic modulation of epileptic high frequency oscillations by the phase of slower cortical rhythms. Experimental Neurology. 251: 30-38.
- Doesburg SM, Chau C, Cheung T, Moiseev A, Ribary U, Herdman AT, Miller SP, Cepeda IL, Synnes A, Grunau RE (2013) Neonatal pain, development of functional cortical activity and school-age cognitive outcome in children born at extremely low gestational age. Pain. 154(10): 2475-2483
- Doesburg SM, Ribary U, Herdman AT, Miller SP, Poskitt K, Moiseev A, Whitfield MF, Synnes A, Grunau RE (2011) Altered long-range alpha-band synchronization during visual short-term memory retention in children born very preterm. NeuroImage. 54(3): 2330-2339.
- Doesburg SM, Green JJ, McDonald JJ, Ward LM (2009) Rhythms of consciousness: binocular rivalry reveals large-scale oscillatory network dynamics mediating visual perception. PLoS One. 4(7) e6142.
- Doesburg SM, Kitajo K, Roggeveen A, Ward LM (2008) Large-scale gamma-band synchronization and selective attention. Cerebral Cortex. 18(2) 386-396.