- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Alumni Scholarships for Students in Kinesiology
- The Craig Asmundson BPK Engagement Award
- The Harold Hancheroff Memorial Scholarship in Sports Education
- Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK
- National Bank Financial Award
- The Nihal Singh Ras Undergraduate Bursary
- Stephen Harold Edward Herring Award
- Undergraduate Travel and Minor Research Awards in BPK
- The BCAK - Craig Asmundson Undergraduate Bursary in Kinesiology
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
Graduated from SFU in 2021
Major: Health Sciences
Degrees Received: BA
Momina is currently a Clinical Administrator at Ossur Motion Lab.
I graduated Simon Fraser University in June of 2021, majoring in BA in faculty of Health Sciences and a minor in Kinesiology. I also pursued a co-op in BPK which opened up so many new opportunities and led me to my career today.
1) What is your current position? What does a typical work day look like for you?
Typical work day consists of answering phone calls, emails, booking patients for appoinments, helping walk in patients with our orthopaedic supports and configuring lots and lots of custom knee braces. In addition, theres small projects such as managing our social media accounts, and following up on third party billing and insurance processes.
2) How did your education in BPK influence your career?
My BPK courses helped me appreciate the world of mobility. I want to make a difference in our clients lives by helping them lead an active lifestyle without any limitations.
3) Who in BPK had an impact on you and why?
The co-op team had a huge impact on me as they really guided me in the right direction with lots of resources and a positive attitude.
4) What advice would you give to today’s BPK student?
My advice for BPK students is to network! Reach out to anyone and everyone, use all the resources out there to your advantage. BPK and Health Sciences are very versatile fields, the opportunities and options are endless, you just have to go after them!