- Alumni Scholarships for Students in Kinesiology
- The Craig Asmundson BPK Engagement Award
- The Harold Hancheroff Memorial Scholarship in Sports Education
- Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK
- National Bank Financial Award
- The Nihal Singh Ras Undergraduate Bursary
- Stephen Harold Edward Herring Award
- Undergraduate Travel and Minor Research Awards in BPK
- The BCAK - Craig Asmundson Undergraduate Bursary in Kinesiology
- BPK Co-op
- Careers/Professional Resources
- Degree Programs
- Admission & Transferring
- Current Students
- Financial Aid
- News and Events
- Support BPK
The Neuromechanics Group in the Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology integrates the fields of biomechanics and neurophysiology to understand movement in health and disease, with applications to rehabilitation medicine, robotics, energy harvesting, injury prevention, and aging.
Research includes basic and applied studies on gait (both healthy and stroke patients), mobility, posture, falls and injuries in older adults, visuomotor control, comparative neuromechanics and scaling, neuroanatomy, neuroprosthetic rehabilitation, muscle mechanics, and muscle imaging.
- Dr. Dylan Cooke, Sensorimotor Neuroplasticity Lab
- Dr. Max Donelan, Locomotion Lab
- Dr. Andy Hoffer, Neurokinesiology Lab
- Dr. Dawn Mackey, Aging and Population Health Lab
- Dr. Dan Marigold, Sensorimotor Neuroscience Lab
- Dr. Steve Robinovitch, Injury Prevention & Mobility Lab
- Dr. James Wakeling, Neuromuscular Mechanics Lab
Facilities and Equipment
We have a shared neuromechanics laboratory space that combines resources from the individual research labs and encourages collaboration and communication between members from different labs.
Among the group members, we have state-of-the-art research equipment for motion capture, muscle imaging, measuring muscle activity, determining ground reaction forces, stimulating peripheral nerves, and perturbing balance during standing and walking (including translating platforms and a split-belt treadmill).
Graduate and Post-doctoral Positions Available Within the Group
See individual member lab websites for postings