System Maintenance: course information and registration will be unavailable from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. PST on Friday, Feb 10.
Business Analysis: Team Dynamics and Leadership
The business analyst’s ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders is critical to the success of their work. This course will provide you with the understanding and experience needed to apply the skills that foster strong communication and effective collaboration across all groups.
Core topics include personality styles and team dynamics, the value of collaboration and teamwork, and the impact of effective leadership and influence.
IIBA professional development hours: 14
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Fri, Apr 28, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
- Sat, Apr 29, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Recognize communication preferences of others to engage and collaborate more effectively as a business analyst
- Develop positive relationships with people through appreciation of diversity as potential strengths
- Recognize the characteristics of a high-performing team
- Evaluate situations to identify the most appropriate action to achieve effective team dynamics and in turn, meet organizational needs
- Lead teams and other stakeholders toward agreed-upon goals
- Apply appropriate behaviours based on the context and needs of the situation to achieve desired outcomes
- Design a plan to implement a business analysis project scope
- Mitigate the impact of change on work culture through appropriate involvement of key stakeholders
- Assess the dynamics of negotiation and the skills required for influencing and reaching collaborative decisions
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 6–10 hours per week on coursework
- Expect reading, exercises, group discussions, case studies and presentations
You will be evaluated on a Pass/Fail basis on:
- Individual or group projects and presentations
- Participation and attendance
To graduate with the Business Analysis Certificate, successfully pass all nine courses.
Course fees do not include textbooks. We recommend you purchase your textbook as soon as you’ve registered. We will provide additional course materials online.
A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide v3). Available through the IIBA website. We will expect you to have read the textbook, as this course will reference relevant chapters.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.
Note: To participate in this course, please be sure to use a computer capable of running Office 365.