Medical Terminology and Practice
In this introductory course, you will gain an overall understanding of medical translation and interpretation, including issues, controversies and current development. You will also be trained in the medical terminology you need to interpret or translate in various health care situations.
Instructor: Rose Wan Jen
Duration: 3 months
Available only to students enrolled in:
Medical Translation and Interpretation Certificate
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Understand the fundamental terminologies of the major systems of the human body and related diseases/illnesses
- Navigate as an interpreter in different specialist clinics and other related settings
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
- Participate in supervised practice sessions
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
To graduate with the Medical Translation and Interpretation Certificate, complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%).
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.