Project Quality Management
Managing product quality is one of the key responsibilities of a project manager.
In this course, you'll explore what quality means within a business management context, how to apply it to different projects and how to manage projects so that quality is built in.
7 PMI professional development units
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Fri, Jan 6, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
- Fri, Jun 9, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate your understanding of quality in a business and professional context
- Identify areas where quality is at risk
- Demonstrate your understanding of what constitutes a set of quality goals
- Manage a project to achieve quality standards
- Demonstrate your understanding of internationally recognized quality standards and processes
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Expect readings and other assignments
- Plan to participate in exercises, discussions, case studies and presentations
You will be evaluated on a Pass/Fail basis on:
- Individual or group projects
- Participation and attendance
To graduate with the Project Management Certificate, you will need to pass all 13 courses.
Course fees do not include textbooks. We recommend you purchase your textbook as soon as you’ve registered. We will provide additional course materials online.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 7th edition. Available for purchase from online or local bookstores, or through the PMI website. We will expect you to have read the textbook, as this course will reference relevant chapters.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.
Professional development credits
SFU is an Authorized Training Partner with the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This course qualifies for PMI professional development units (PDUs) whether you're pursuing the Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation or needing to meet continuing certification requirements.