Project Management Certificate
The ability to manage projects efficiently has become essential for leaders in any field. Approved by the Project Management Institute, our part-time certificate program provides a practical foundation for new or experienced project managers. You’ll learn a combination of leadership and technical skills that will allow you to successfully lead any project from planning through completion.
Why this program?
- Apply course hours towards the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Gain essential project management skills and tools you can put to work immediately
- Learn the leadership skills needed to lead teams effectively through an entire project life cycle
- Finish each course in just one or two days
- Complete program in as little as five months or take up to two years
- Start with individual courses and apply to the program at any time
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
5–24 months (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
1–2 days (7–14 instructional hours)
Fri/Sat 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Pacific Time
- Project Management Foundations (PMC105)
- Project Planning (PMC110)
- Project Management: Team Perspectives (PMC115)
- Project Leadership, Problem-Solving, and Decision-Making (PMC120)
- Project Communication Management (PMC125)
- Project Risk Management (PMC130)
- Project Procurement Management (PMC135)
- Project Stakeholder Management (PMC140)
- Project Quality Management (PMC145)
- Strengthening Project Management (PMC150)
- Project Monitoring and Control (PMC155)
- Project Management Technology (PMC160)
- Project Management: Capstone (PMC165)
See individual courses for textbook details
$430–$860/course (not including textbook)
$75 program application fee
No application deadline. Take individual courses and apply to the program at any time.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature students who do not meet this requirement may qualify with at least 5 years of appropriate experience
- English Language Requirements
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish
A natural people person and mentor, Gloria Venczel is a graduate of SFU’s Urban Design Certificate and the principal of Cityscape Design Inc, a firm specializing in pedestrian-oriented urban design, streetscape design and sustainable cities planning.
From sporadic work to a permanent position in the construction industry, Rufo Laroco has come a long way. Recently graduating from SFU’s Project Management Certificate program, the Philippines immigrant credits what he learned to placing him on a straight path to success.
Project Management Certificate grads Eric Morrison, JP Haramboure and Geoff Brown share their thoughts on how the program has helped them perform their jobs better, while instructor Kamal Masri discusses the program's benefits.