Strengthening Project Management
As organizations adopt project management practices, they recognize the need for careful definition, discipline and deployment.
With a focus on establishing a project management office (PMO), a proven method of support and guidance in a project-based environment you will learn how to build a PMO that controls the project and helps managers and their teams deliver value—without introducing unnecessary bureaucracy.
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Sat, Jan 7, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
- Sat, Jun 10, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Understand the structure, role and functions of a project management office (PMO)
- Develop a framework for deploying a PMO and tailoring it to an organization's requirements
- Understand the steps for implementing a PMO, including measuring an organization's project management capability
- Understand the facilities and resources the PMO must establish to help project managers succeed
- Develop a framework for managing project managers
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Expect readings and other assignments
- Plan to participate in exercises, discussions, case studies and presentations
You will be evaluated on a Pass/Fail basis on:
- Individual or group projects
- Participation and attendance
To graduate with the Project Management Certificate, you will need to pass all 13 courses.
Course fees do not include textbooks. We recommend you purchase your textbook as soon as you’ve registered. We will provide additional course materials online.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 7th edition. Available for purchase from online or local bookstores, or through the PMI website. We will expect you to have read the textbook, as this course will reference relevant chapters.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.