Writing with Confidence
Schedule clarification: This course begins on the first date listed and ends six days after the last date listed. Between those times, you work at your own pace within the timelines set by the instructor.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you will be able to do the following:
- Maintain a reliable writing practice that helps you meet your writing goals
- Generate ideas for writing projects
- Use your reading to inform your writing
- Take an initial idea through the stages of composition and revision
- Foster a writing community to keep you motivated and inspired
How will you learn?
- Read the weekly module
- Complete additional reading, as assigned
- Complete a writing assignment (approximately 500 words)
- Participate in a discussion based on your reading (approximately 250 words)
How will you be evaluated?
This course is graded using a competency-based grading scale. Read more here.
We will provide custom course materials.
Hardware and software requirements
We deliver this course using SFU's online course management system, Canvas. You will receive course details and Canvas access instructions on the first day of the course. You can check if your browser is compatible with Canvas here.
New to online learning? See About Online Learning for helpful videos and additional information.