G. Elijah Dann
G. Elijah Dann has a PhD in philosophy from the University of Waterloo and the Doctorat en Théologie from the Université de Strasbourg. Dann has taught in departments of religion, philosophy and health sciences at the University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, the University of Western Ontario and the University of Toronto.
Along with his teaching, research and writing responsibilities, from 1999 to 2007, he served as the clinical ethicist for Grand River Hospital in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario.
Dann has published articles in academic journals such as the International Journal for the Philosophy of Religion, the Journal of Business Ethics and the Journal of the Philosophy of Education. He is co-author of Philosophy: A New Introduction (Wadsworth Press 2005).
With Gianni Vattimo, Dann is a contributing author of An Ethics for Today: Finding Common Ground Between Philosophy and Religion (Columbia University Press 2010) and the editor of Leaving Fundamentalism (Wilfrid Laurier Press 2008). He is also the author of After Rorty: The Possibilities for Ethics and Religious Belief (Continuum Press 2006) and God and the Public Square (Lexington Press 2010).
- Biomedical Ethics (55+) SCFC565
- Critical Thinking and Argument: Surviving the Modern Age (55+) PLUS102
- Ethics, Technology, and the Future of Humanity (55+) SCFC712
- God and the Public Square (55+) SCFC665
- On Religious Belief: Christopher Hitchens' Greatest Hits (55+) PLUS206
- The New Atheists and Their Critics (55+) SCFC580
- The Power of Practical Reasoning and Critical Thinking: Surviving the Modern Age (55+) SCFC622