SFU City Program courses are dedicated to equipping professionals and community members with a better understanding of communities and how they’re shaped. We offer the CITY100 series for learners looking for foundational knowledge in the fundamentals of urbanism, as well as more advanced professional development classes for those already in the city-making fields.
Building vibrant, livable and sustainable communities can mean a torrent of new terminologies and mazes of complex processes. Led by local experts and practitioners, the CITY100 Series offers an introduction for those who want to learn more about the craft of building better communities.
These courses are designed for learners with little or no background in the diverse fields of community and city building. Topics covered include planning and housing policy, neighbourhood design, and the past, present and future of urbanism.
There are no prerequisites, and you can take courses in any order.
- Designing and Drafting Design Guidelines CITY252
- Financing Urban Growth: The Use of Development Cost Charges and Community Amenity Contributions CITY242
- Giving Council a Piece of Your Mind: Writing Reports That Work CITY251
- Planning and Designing Healthy Communities CITY258
- Planning and Zoning Law Refresher CITY255
- Real Estate Development from the Inside Out CITY755
Attend a CITY100 online info session
Tue, 09 Feb 2021 6:00 PM
Reserve your spot
Be the first to know
Sign up for email updates about these courses.