NameCoach and Your Virtual Convocation Ceremony
Deadline: Friday, October 9, 2020 at 11:45 p.m. PDT
How is SFU using NameCoach?
This fall, SFU will be working with NameCoach to create a personalized slide for your Convocation ceremony. During the ceremony, your name will be announced and your degree/diploma/certificate information, photo and a personal message (if you choose to submit one) will be displayed on the screen.
Completing your form and recording your name will help ensure that your name is pronounced correctly and that your information is displayed accurately.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
The following will appear on each slide:
Legal First and Last Name
Personal Message - 20 words or less (optional)
Submit a short personal message of congratulations, thanks or an inspiring quote.
Announcement of Name
Your legal first and last name will be announced, unless you indicate a preferred name on the NameCoach form.
If you have a preferred name, please indicate it on the NameCoach form, otherwise, leave it blank and your legal first and last name will be announced. Your preferred name will not displayed on your slide.
How to Participate
1. Personal invitation
Check your SFU email account for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org inviting you to complete and review your NameCoach form. Click the link in the email where it says "Please click on the link - it's fast and easy: Record your name".
2. Complete and review the form
- Confirm all of the "read-only" data is correct
- If there is an error, contact email@example.com before October 9, 11:45 p.m. PDT
- Indicate your preferred name, if different than your legal first and last name
- Your preferred name will be announced during your ceremony
- Leave blank if you'd like for your legal name to be announced during your ceremony
- Record and/or provide the phonetic spelling of your preferred or legal name
- Upload your photo - optional
- Add a personal message (20 words or less) - optional
3. Submit form
Click the submit button on the form before Friday, October 9, 2020, 11:45 p.m. PDT
4. Watch and hear your name
Watch your Virtual Convocation ceremony on October 22 or October 23 and be proud of your achievement!
View the Virtual Convocation schedule for more information.