Skoll Global Challenge
The Skoll Global Challenge is a global competition that provides a chance for students and recent graduates to learn more about an issue they care about and present their findings to the world.
We are looking for students to put their heads together for the Global Challenge. Supported by RADIUS SFU and Student Engagement and Retention, the Global Challenge is a contest that asks students to think differently about social and environmental issues, mapping out the landscape, and identifying missing opportunities for positive change.
Have you thought about or are working on addressing a social/environmental issue? Why should you get involved with this?
- Share your ideas and make a difference on a topic you are excited about
- Get the chance to build on your existing work or explore a new topic
- Opportunity to win cash prizes - $1000 for the winning team, and $500 for 2 runners-up
- Opportunity to participate in a national and international competition
Take the next step
- Tell us more: submit an overview of the issue you want to address and how you'll approach the project
- Registration deadline: December 20th
Know that we are here to support your project. Don’t worry about having a fully-developed project by December 20 - there will be a workshop in January where teams will receive support and guidance to develop their research/presentation.
February 2017: SFU showcase day (the top 3 teams at SFU will win cash prizes)
March 2017: Canadian Final (Calgary)
April-May 2017: Global Final (Oxford, UK)
To learn more or register now at http://www.oxfordglobalchallenge.com
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.