- Campus Maps
- Projects & Initiatives
Burnaby Services Catalogue
- Maintenance Requests
- Custodial Services
- Building Signage Requests
- Confidential Shredding
- Building Renovations, Renewals or Modernizations
- Minor Building Alterations & Equipment Installations
- Event Setup
- Filming on Campus
- Office Supplies
- Photocopy Paper
- Recycling Services
- Room Occupancy Schedule Changes
- Furniture & Equipment Removal
- Mail & Parcel Services
- Moving Services
- Surrey Services Catalogue
- Vancouver Services Catalogue
- Burnaby Services Catalogue
- Real Estate
All event setup requests must be submitted to Meeting, Events and Conference Services (MECS) with the exception of requests submitted by Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) related groups, which are to be submitted through their SFSS General Office. MECS will provide a single point of contact for event planning and coordination and provide a complete event summary of costs on one invoice. MECS will assist internal and external groups by:
- Discussing details of event setup requirements with customer and provide event planning assistance as required
- Providing customer with sketch(s) as required showing event layout for their approval
- Booking space
- Arranging catering
- Arranging audio-visual equipment
- Arranging parking
- Submitting Event Setup REquests to Facilities Services for furniture setups, temporary signs, post event cleaning, etc.
- Ensuring the setup, take-down and cleaning are completed and the space is returned to its original condition
- Issuing detailed project account statement of expenses (invoices) to customer
The SFSS General Office can submit their FS Event Setup Requests online at www.fmrequests.sfu.ca with a sketch showing event layout.
Facilities Services will provide support for all MECS and SFSS event and meeting setups for the Burnaby Campus. (e.g.: tables, chairs, temporary signs, power connections and other equipment put in place for an event or a meeting as well as coordinating post event cleaning services and after hours heating and ventilation).
Depending on the complexity of the event (e.g. number of people attending, type of equipment required etc.) a building technologist may be assigned to assist MECS and SFSS as follows:
- Assist with planning and coordination of special needs as required
- Coordinate the Simon Fraser University Facilities Services trades and off campus suppliers to ensure that the setup meets the customer's expectations and is completed on time
- Ensure the setup take-down and cleaning are completed and the space is returned to its original condition
Customers requesting Event Setup Requests are responsible for all costs associated with the event/meeting setup including but not limited to SFU FS trades labour time (including overtime if required), for event setup, rental of furniture items from off campus suppliers and cleaning services. Note there is no rental cost for the use of Simon Fraser University owned furniture and equipment or Building Technologist's time except in the case of overtime if required. MECS and SFSS will issue invoices directly to their customers and provide an SFU account number to reimburse Facilities Services for tis expenses.
Questions or concerns regarding Facilities Services Event Setup Support should be directed to the Supervisor of Client Services (John Briggs, Supervisor Client Services 778-782-4365 or email@example.com).