- Take Action
- Well-being Projects
- Well-being in Learning Environments
- WLE Dialogue Series
Using Digital Tools to Support Student Engagement, Collaboration, and Well-being
This resource offers ideas on digital tools and strategies that instructors and students can use to increase student engagement and facilitate collaboration.
These activities support a variety of conditions for well-being.
- Using a variety of digital tools support student flexibility in learning.
- Offering different ways for students to collaborate builds social connection.
- Adopting a culture of support and challenge contributes to creating a positive classroom culture.
These tools and strategies were embedded in a synchronous Pre-Master of Digital Media program on Zoom. Learn more here.
These can be adapted to other teaching platforms.
Digital tools for delivering pitches and presentations:
- Explain Everything interactive whiteboard
Digital tools for free style daily journaling and technical writing:
- Google docs
Strategies for facilitating brainstorming
- Online collaborative tools
- Interactive quizzes
- Flashcard generators
Strategies for creating a learning environment with well-being in mind:
- Embedding breaks in between sessions
- Adopting a culture of “support and challenge”