For Grant Program specific forms, guidelines and handouts, visit the specific grant program webpage.
- Research Guide* (PDF)
- Survey FAQ*(PDF) - what survey tools are available to you
- The Motivated Strategies for Learning Questionnaire (MSLQ)
- Pitfalls of Inquiry (DOC)
- Post-pre survey information
- Excel Graph Templates (XLSX) - examples of how to present your final report data
- Concept Inventory Resources
- Resources against Racism - Project of the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL)
- Indigenous Curriculum Resource Centre (SFU)
- Cash Advances - Checklist: what's required for cash advances (PDF)
- Expense Reports - Checklist: what's required for expense reports (PDF)
- Procurement & purchasing - contact the ISTLD Administrative Coordinator before purchasing items. In most cases, purchasing must be done by a purchase requisition or SFU credit card. Items that will become university assets (e.g., books, software) cannot be purchased by an individual for reimbursement. The ISTLD Administrative Coordinator will make this process easy for you.
- Invoices - Checklist: what's required on an invoice from an external vendor (videographer, graphic artist) (PDF)
- Conference Funding -- funding is available for ISTLD-funded projects.
- Honoraria Form (DOCX) -- Information that is required for honoraria payments
- TLDG Signature Sheet (DOCX) - once your project is finalized, have your chair/dean sign this form
- Poster presentation templates - created by TLC EdMedia
Travel & expense reports:
**note that all purchases are subject to SFU purchasing policies and procedures.
Eligible expenses for ISTLD-funded projects:
- Hiring SFU student research personnel (undergraduate and graduate)
- Expertise or consultation not available at SFU
- Guest speakers
- Development of data collection instruments
- Support for data collection and data analysis
- Purchasing teaching materials needed to conduct the project
- Survey, focus group, and interview incentives for student participation
- Software, on a case-by-case basis
Ineligible expenses for ISTLD-funded projects:
- Reimbursement or incentives for faculty members
- Support or top-ups for teaching assistants or tutor markers
- Course releases
- Commercial services
- Computer hardware
- Equipment, on a case-by-case basis
- Journal subscriptions, professional memberships, etc.
- Food and meals
- Travel between campuses
In addition, please note that all expenses must be processed by ISTLD; departments will not be reimbursed for expenses unless there as been an agreement made before the expense is incurred.
If you have any questions about eligible ISTLD-funded project expenses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning & Teaching Support & Resources @ SFU
- Ideas to Reduce Non-Classroom Prep Time Without Reducing Teaching Quality - Faculty perspective from Dr. Robert Krider, Beedie School of Business
- Welcome to Your New Zoom Classroom: Some Tips on Handling the Switch to Remote Learning from Professor of Marketing Leyland Pitt (PDF)