Completed ISTLD-funded project teams are eligible to apply for one-time conference funding to present project findings: A maximum of $1200 per individual, for a maximum of $2400 per grant project.
Conference Funding for ISTLD Project Teams
Not an ISTLD-funded project? The SFU Central Open Access Fund supports SFU authors who wish to publish in Open Access (OA) journals. More information >>
ISTLD Conference funding criteria:
- Conference funding requests must be approved before conference attendance to ensure availability of funding.
- Conference funding is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the each fiscal year (April to March) and is not guaranteed until approved.
- To be eligible for conference funding, the ISTLD-funded project's final report must be submitted. Exceptions are approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Letters of proposal/presentation/paper/poster acceptance must be included with the conference funding application. Applicants must be presenting their ISTLD-funded grant project findings to receive funding.
- All conference funding applications must be approved by the grant project's principal applicant.
- The ISTLD will review the conference funding fund, criteria, and process at the end of each fiscal year.
Available funding: Up to $2400** per project, and a maximum of $1200** per individual project team member, per project. **Including all taxes and fees. Do you have a graduate student on your team planning to apply for funding? Be sure to reach out to us before applying.
How to apply:
- Complete the conference funding request form. Download the ISTLD Conference Funding Form (PDF) >>
- Completed forms must be approved before conference attendance.
- Include with the form:
- Conference proposal abstract.
- Letter/email of acceptance from the conference.
- Any quotes for related expenses.
- The ISTLD will review and approve all submitted conference funding requests on a first-come, first server basis.
- Funding requests must be received in advance of conference attendance.
- Forms and supporting documentation should be submitted to email@example.com, cc'ing the project's principal investigator, with the subject header: Conference Funding Application
- Once approved, the ISTLD will arrange cash advances, when appropriate.