Completed ISTLD-funded project teams are eligible to apply for one-time conference funding to present project findings: A maximum of $1200 per individual, for a maximum of $2400 per grant project.
Conference Funding for ISTLD Project Teams
Looking for funding to publish in Open Access journals? The SFU Central Open Access Fund supports SFU authors who wish to publish in Open Access (OA) journals. More information >>
ISTLD Conference funding criteria:
- Conference funding requests must be approved before conference attendance to ensure availability of funding.
- Conference funding is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the each fiscal year (April to March) and is not guaranteed until approved.
- To be eligible for conference funding, the ISTLD-funded project's final report must be submitted. Exceptions are approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Letters of proposal/presentation/paper/poster acceptance must be included with the conference funding application. Applicants must be presenting their ISTLD-funded grant project findings to receive funding.
- All conference funding applications must be approved by the grant project's principal applicant.
- The ISTLD will review the conference funding fund, criteria, and process at the end of each fiscal year.
Available funding: Up to $2400** per project, and a maximum of $1200** per individual project team member, per project. **Including all taxes and fees. Do you have a graduate student on your team planning to apply for funding? Be sure to reach out to us before applying.
How to apply:
- Complete the conference funding request form. Download the ISTLD Conference Funding Form (PDF) >>
- Completed forms must be approved before conference attendance.
- Include with the form:
- Conference proposal abstract.
- Letter/email of acceptance from the conference.
- Any quotes for related expenses.
- The ISTLD will review and approve all submitted conference funding requests on a first-come, first server basis.
- Funding requests must be received in advance of conference attendance.
- Forms and supporting documentation should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc'ing the project's principal investigator, with the subject header: Conference Funding Application
- Once approved, the ISTLD will arrange cash advances, when appropriate.