Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Associate Director, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Undergraduate Program Chair, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Area of expertise: Autonomous Systems
Ph.D. University of Sussex, UK, 1989
M.Sc. University of Bradford, UK, 1986
B.Sc. Abadan Institute of Technology, Iran, 1977
- Driverless cars
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
- Intelligent Control
- Electric Circuits
- Feedback Control
- System Modelling and Simulation
Recently taught courses
- MSE 250: Electric Circuits
- MSE 380: Systems Modelling and Simulation
- MSE 481: Industrial Control Systems
- MSE 490: Advanced PID Control
Selected recent publications
- Kamal M. Othman, Ahmad Rad (2020):” Sequential Localizing and Mapping: A Navigation Strategy via Enhanced Subsumption Architecture”, Sensors, 20, 4815, pp. 1-31.
- Bahraini Masoud S, Bozorg, M., and Rad, A. B., (2018): “SLAM in Dynamic Environments via ML-RANSAC”, Mechatronics, vol. 49, pp. 105-118.
- Al-Qaderi, Mohammad and Rad, A.B., (2018): “A Brain-inspired Multi-modal Perceptual System for Social Robots: An Experimental Realization”, IEEE Access, vol. 6, July, pp. 35402-35424, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2851841.
- Shirazi, M. and Rad, A.B., (2018), “"L1 Adaptive Control of Vehicle Lateral Dynamics”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles, vol. 3, no. 1, March 2018, pp. 92-101.
- Shirazi, M., and Rad A.B. (2014):” "Detection of Intoxicated Drivers Using Online System Identification of Steering Behavior", IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 15 (4), August 2014, pp. 1738-1747.