Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Associate Director, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Undergraduate Program Chair, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Ph.D. University of Sussex, UK, 1989
M.Sc. University of Bradford, UK, 1986
B.Sc. Abadan Institute of Technology, Iran, 1977
- Intelligent and Autonomous Control
- Soft computing
- Applications of system modeling to process control
- Identification of time delay systems
- Intelligent control
- Advanced process control
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 220 Electric Circuits
- ENSC 381 Systems Modeling and Simulation
Selected recent publications
- Liu, Y. Zhang, X. Z., Rad, A.B., Xuemei Ren, and Wong, Y.K., (2010), Entropy Based Robust Estimator and its application to Line-based Mapping, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 58 (5), May 2010, pp. 566-573.
- Cai, L., Rad, A.B., and Chan, W.L., (2010), An Intelligent Longitudinal Controller for Application in Semi-autonomous Vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 57 (4), April 2010, pp. 1487-1497.
- Chan, P.T., Rad, A.B., and Ho, M.L., (2009), A Study on Lateral Control of Autonomous Vehicles via Fired Fuzzy Rules Chromosome Encoding Scheme, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, Vol. 56 (4), November 2009, pp. 441-467.
- Ren, X.M., and Rad, A.B., (2009), Adaptive nonlinear compensation control based on neural networks for nonlinear systems with time delay, International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 40 (12), pp. 1283-1292.
- Ho, M.L., Chan, P.T., Rad, A.B., (2009), Lane change algorithm for autonomous vehicles via virtual curvature method, Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 43 (1), pp. 47-70.