Minor Capital Project Requests (Total Cost over $1500.00)
July 20, 1994
September 4, 2002
This policy guides the administration of projects other than those funded from the Annual Capital Allowance (Policy AD 13-1). Funding for these projects can include research grants, operating budget, donations or other sources.
- Projects for construction, alteration or renovation of campus facilities will be administered by the Campus Planning & Development division of Facilities Management.
- Departments requiring Facilities Management support for renovations, repairs, new installations or physical relocations for work deemed to be over $1,500.00 in cost must complete a Project Initiating Form and forward it to Facilities Management.
a. The requesting Department will:
- initiate a Project Initiating Form, FAD 13-1, giving the project description and details;
- forward the canary and white copies to Facilities Management. Retain the pink copy for the Department file.
b. Facilities Management will:
- register the Project Request number and forward a "Confirmation" copy to the originating Department;
- provide a "Preliminary Estimate" (± 30%) for budget purposes only when the Department does not have the project funded (Appendix II b);
- provide a "Final Estimate" (± 10%) only when the Department has project funding available; and
- return the canary and white copies to the requesting Department with either the Preliminary or Final estimates.
c. The requesting Department will:
- write "Cancelled" in the "Estimate Approval" block if they do not wish the work to be done, and forward the canary and white copies to Facilities Management;
- enter Fund, Account and Centre to which the project is to be charged;
- obtain the approval signatures of the Originator, the appropriate Departmental signing authority and the appropriate Dean or Vice-President; and
- forward the canary and white copies to the Finance Office.
d. Projects for Action
The Finance Department will:
- confirm the availability of the funds in the designated account;
- set up a commitment against that account number;
- sign the last line in the "Estimate Approval" block; and
- forward the approved canary and white copies to Facilities Management.
e. Facilities Management will:
- complete all construction drawings, specifications, co- ordinate and schedule trades and take construction to completion;
- inform the Finance Office of monthly charges.
f. The Finance Office will:
- debit the charges so that these expenditures are reflected in the appropriate accounts.