- Canadian high school
- International high school
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Tours & Events
- Fees & Scholarships
- Student Experience
- FAQs & Connect
The Aboriginal Undergraduate Admission Policy takes into consideration an applicant’s educational history, cultural knowledge, work experience, educational goals, and other achievements. This information will be reviewed by a three member committee composed of participants from Indigenous student services, the specific faculty applied to, and University Admissions.
Applicants applying under the Aboriginal Undergraduate Admission Policy must meet the following requirements:
- Provide documentation of Aboriginal heritage (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit). This could include but is not limited to, Indian or Métis status cards, official Inuit identification, official letters from Aboriginal organizations, or a combination of proofs.
- Complete a separate Supplemental Aboriginal Undergraduate Admission Form containing the following information: an applicant’s educational history, non-educational achievements, Aboriginal cultural knowledge and activities, two references, and a personal letter outlining the applicant’s academic goals.
- Specific faculty/program prerequisites must be completed before consideration for admission to certain programs.
|1||Apply for admission and indicate on the application that you are applying under this category.||Apply to SFU|
||Fill out the Supplemental Aboriginal Undergraduate Admission form. You will need your SFU ID number, which you will receive after you apply to the University.||Complete this form|
|3||Arrange for a referee to submit a reference letter supporting the statements you make in your Supplemental Aboriginal Undergraduate Admission Form. Fax the letter to 778.782.5732, or scan and email to email@example.com.|
||Submit documentation of your Aboriginal heritage: photocopy or scan of your Indian Status or Métis Card (front and back). If you do not have a Métis or status card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 778.782.5428 to discuss alternative options.|
Please email Indigenous Student Recruitment at email@example.com.