- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Tours & Events
- Fees & Scholarships
- Student Experience
- FAQs & Connect
Documentation required to support your application for admission
Any documents required to process your application will appear on your to-do list in your Student Center. Please allow 4-6 weeks for document updates to be reflected in your application checklist.
All documentation submitted in support of your application must be official.*
Your application will not be cancelled if your document was submitted by the deadline.
An official document/transcript:
- Is issued directly from the educational institution in a sealed envelope
- Bears the original institutional seal, stamp, or signature
- Is in the original language of instruction
We accept electronic transcripts directly from the following institutions:
- Capilano University
- Douglas College
- Fraser International College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- University of Fraser Valley
- Vancouver Island University
You must order the transcript from your institution after you have applied for admission to SFU. Transcripts are sent via an electronic data file. Our office uploads these documents once a week (generally on Wednesdays).
How to submit required documents
Submit by mail
Send supporting documents for your admission application, as listed on the to-do list on your student center to:
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby BC Canada V5A 1S6
Submit documents online
To submit required documents including proof of name, citizenship and residency please use the documents via upload form. Transcripts must be submitted by mail. If you are not able to submit your transcripts by mail please contact us.
Documents accepted via the document upload form include:
- PR Card: a scanned copy of the front and back of the card is required.
- Proof of Citizenship: a scanned copy of your valid passport, including name, date of birth, photo, and signature is required.
- Proof of Name: a scanned copy of your passport/birth certificate, Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card (SCIS), or Certificate of Indian Status Card is required.
- Outline of Activities: a point-form list of activities for the period of time noted on your to-do list. We would request this if there is a gap in your education history.
Irreplaceable documents (as determined by our Admissions office) that are mailed to Undergraduate Admissions will be made available for pickup at the Admissions desk in Student Central (located in MBC 3200 on the Burnaby campus) after our evaluation is complete. SFU Admissions will retain irreplaceable documents for three terms following the term to which application is made. After this period, documents will be securely shredded and SFU is no longer responsible for the longer term storage of your documents. Contact us at 778.782.6930 to arrange to pick up your documents if within the three term timeframe.
If someone other than yourself will be picking up your documents, you must provide them with a letter of authorization for the release of your documents. The authorized person must provide photo identification at the time of pick up.
If you live outside Canada and can not pick up your irreplaceable documents, please contact us to request to have your documents returned via mail.
All other documents become the property of the University and will not be copied or returned.
If you attend SFU, electronic copies of your documents will be kept on file for the duration of your studies.
Electronic institution sending codes
- IELTS/TOEFL: 0999
- SAT: 0999
- ACT: 5374
- AP: 0999
Predicted IB grades form
Are you a current IB diploma applicant? Ask your counsellor to submit a predicted grades form to SFU. See International Baccalaureate.
Are you a current BC/Yukon high school applicant for the fall term? You should self-report your grades to us. Find more information at www.sfu.ca/students/admission/admission-requirements/applied/fall.html
Documents for Diverse Qualifications applications
Are you applying via Diverse Qualifications? If so, complete the Personal Information Profile and have your referee mail or email your official reference letter (email@example.com).