West Coast Virtual Fair Returns This Spring!
After three successful virtual fairs, Simon Fraser University (SFU) and the University of Victoria (UVic) are back with the SFU + UVic: Jobs & Volunteer Expo 2022! Our institutions are excited to offer all students and alumni the opportunity to connect with over ninety exhibitors this spring.
West Coast Virtual Fairs returned in Spring 2022 with our Jobs & Volunteer Expo! We are glad to have had many of you join us for this joint fair between SFU and UVic.
The SFU + UVic: Jobs & Volunteer Expo was designed to provide students and alumni the chance to connect with representatives from various career and volunteer organizations. Various workshops were offered in the days leading up to the fair to better prepare attendees.
Now that the event is done, we would like to thank all the attendees for joining us! Sign up to our newsletter to be known when such events take place in the future. The West Coast Virtual Fairs team will return, and we hope you will too!
Why Should You Attend these Fairs
- Discover career, co-op and volunteer opportunities from a wide variety of sectors.
- Practice networking with recruiters from different companies.
- Reduce the time spent on searching for opportunities by attending one fair with over fifty different employers across various sectors and industries.
What to Expect at such Fairs
- Visit exhibitor booths to learn more about their organizations and their opportunities.
- 1-on-1 sessions: Enjoy 15-minute private conversations with recruiters using the video conferencing tool embedded in the platform.
- Group Sessions: Join recruiters for group info sessions with other students.
- Receive live support from our Career Education Specialists and Career Peers.
We offered a series of live panels and workshops this Spring to best equip attendees. Thank you to everyone who made it! For your reference, the workshops and panels offered were as follows:
- Workshop: Rehash Your Resume [February 28,12:30PM-1:45PM, Zoom]
- Panel Discussion: Your Well-being in Job Search [March 1, 2:30 PM–3:30 PM, Zoom]
- Live Demo: How to Navigate a Virtual Career Fair [March 2, 2:30 PM–3:30 PM, Zoom]
- Employer Panel: Network Like a Pro [March 3, 3:30PM-5:00PM, Zoom]
Click here to be taken to the West Coast Virtual Fairs' website to watch the recorded versions of the Live Demo and Employer Panel.
Wed, Mar 2 - Tue, Mar 8
|Access the Virtual Fair Platform to
|Wed, Mar 9 - Thur, Mar 10
||Return to the platform to access your booked sessions with employers
at the West Coast Virtual Fair (11:00 AM–4:00 PM)
- The virtual event platform also provides text-based chat to support students and alumni.
- It is not compulsory to have your camera and/or microphone on.
- You do not have to be present for the entirety of the fair. We encourage students to schedule breaks in between their sessions.
- If you have any accessibility needs please email email@example.com and we will do our best to address your needs.
Student Support Material
Click here to view a step-by-step guide on how the registration and profile set-up is to be conducted on the fair platform. The guide will also serve as an aid in navigating the fair platform itself.
Live Session Recordings and Student Resources
Missed on the Live Demo on navigating the fair platform, Eventus? Want to access the Student Resource Guide to make the most of the fair? Click here to view the West Coast Virtual Fairs' website to access everything you need to prepare for the fair.
Here is the list of all exhibitors who attended the SFU + UVic: Jobs & Volunteer Expo! Click the drop-down lists to have a peek.
AbeBooks, an Amazon Company
Active Care Youth & Adult Services
Appraisal Institute of Canada - BC Association
Archer Cultural Resource Management Corporation.
Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
BGC South Vancouver Island
Calgary Economic Development
Canadian Turner Construction
Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC)
David Schaeffer Engineering Ltd.
Eastwood Bio-Medical Company
FDM Group Canada inc.
Frontier School Division
Infosys Limited Canada
Make A Future
Mark Anthony Group Inc
MTU Maintenance Canada Ltd
NKPG Services Ltd
Pathway Community Services Ltd.
Pepsico Beverages Canada
Qualicum Beach Cafe
Quantum Risk Control
R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
SAP Canada Inc.
Securiguard Services Ltd.
Sherwin Williams Company
The Bottle Depot
Vantage Marketing Canada
Venture for Canada
XMC Sponsorship & Marketing
BC Pension Corporation (Victoria, BC)
BC Public Service Agency
British Columbia Securities Commission
Canada Border Services Agency
Canada Revenue Agency
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Department of Education, Government of Nunavut
Federal Government Student Ambassadors (Canada Border Services Agency)
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
ICBC - The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
Royal Canadian Navy
WorkBC.ca: Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training
Beacon Community Services
British Columbia Lions Society for Children with Disabilities
British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA)
Camp Goodtimes, Canadian Cancer Society
Canadian Red Cross
Canadian Wildlife Federation
Chilliwack Society for Community Living
Coastal Restoration Society
Developmental Disabilities Association
Family Services of Greater Vancouver - PRIYD Program
KidStart Mentoring Program (PLEA Community Services Society)
Strive Living Society
Youth 20/20 Can Victoria
Zajac Ranch for Children