International Student Award
The experience of living in another country provides a tremendous opportunity to learn about oneself and one’s culture, and to develop an understanding of and appreciation for other cultures. The key to achieving intercultural understanding is to intentionally and mindfully engage with diverse communities, in a spirit of openness, respect, and curiosity.
Purpose: The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for an international undergraduate student at Simon Fraser University who has contributed to intercultural understanding and/or demonstrated a commitment to intercultural engagement.
Value: 1 award, valued at a minimum of $1000, will be granted annually to an international undergraduate SFU student.
Eligibility: To be eligible, students must:
- Be an international student (on a valid Canadian study permit)
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate degree program at SFU
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine units of standard graded courses in the term of eligibility
- Be in good academic standing and have a minimum CGPA of 2.00 in the term of the award
- Have contributed to intercultural understanding and/or demonstrated a commitment to intercultural engagement