Maggie Benston Centre Room 1200 (elevator level 8)
Before reaching out to us, your questions may be answered through the Resources page.
Option 1: LiveChat
Ask questions to one of our International Student Advisors, Immigration Specialists through LiveChat. Please note that all chat conversations are confidential with a secure connection.
The topics you can discuss through LiveChat are:
- Canadian immigration documents and regulations (i.e., study permits, visas, work permits and eligibility, enrollment requirements for international students)
- Medical Insurance and the Canadian healthcare system
- Intercultural transition support and referrals
LiveChat Hours May 1 - August 30, 2019
- Mondays & Thursdays: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (PDT)
- Wednesdays & Fridays: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm (PDT)
LiveChat Hours August 6 - August 30, 2019
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (PDT)
*LiveChat is not available on Tuesday, August 20
*LiveChat hours on Thursday, August 22: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
*LiveChat is not available on Friday, August 30
How to request a copy of your chat transcript?
To receive a transcript of your livechat conversation, please do not exit the chat window by closing your web browser or the webpage directly. Instead, click on the "Close" button, located at the upper right corner of the chat window to be prompted to a new webpage and confirm your email address to receive the transcript.
Option 2: Phone Advising
Speak to an International Student Advisor
* Phone call advising is not always guaranteed as International Student Advisors may be meeting with students. *
Option 3: Email Advising
When emailing us, please include the following in the email body:
- Your student number
- Your name
- Your citizenship(s)
- All permit/visa issue dates and expiration dates (if applicable)
- Currently in Canada (YES or NO)
Option 4: Book an Appointment
Monday - Friday
1:00 - 4:00 pm
GSC AQ 2013
3:20 - 6:00 pm
* Appointment hours on August 20: 2:20 pm - 4:00 pm
Option 5: Drop - In Advising
MBC 1200 (Non-Immigration only)
You may drop in at our office if you have questions about:
- medical insurance
- Canadian culture or campus and community service
- academic transition (note: ISAs do not provide academic advice)
Hours: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Please note that advisors may not be readily available upon your arrival at our office. Please check in at the front desk or call the office prior to dropping in.
GSC Immigration Advising (AQ 2013):
Tuesdays: May 7 - July 30, 2019
Hours: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Undergraduate students can seek assistance with course planning or if they are experiencing academic difficulty or are on academic probation by contacting an Academic Advisor.
Graduate students should contact their graduate program to seek academic advice. contacting an Academic Advisor.
CONNECT WITH US
Stay connected with us and get important updates about job opportunities, events and activities.
Make sure you are subscribed to our ISS Newsletter which reaches over 10,000 students from international pathways, staff and faculty members.