- Our Story
- Our Team
- Our Locations
- Community Programs
- Research Centres
- Getting Here
- Campus Services
- News and Events
- Campus Events
- Campus News
- Promote Your Events and Initiatives
- Contact Us
The SFU Vancouver Campus Facilities Renewal initiative aims to bring a rational, integrated and comprehensive planning process to the upkeep and improvement of the university’s physical assets downtown.
Objectives of the Plan:
- Optimize student learning and community engagement
- Ensure Vancouver campus infrastructure, classrooms, instructional technology, gathering places, library, common areas and washrooms reflect the university’s high standards and strategic vision
- Provide an explicit and robust set of criteria to inform funding priorities
- Avoid extensive delays in upgrades that would cost much more in the future
- Align with and be incorporated into the university’s overall capital plan
SFU Vancouver has enhanced the teaching and learning experiences by upgrading classrooms, lecture theatres, lounge spaces and study areas. This includes ergonomic, flexible seating, enhanced technology, sustainable lighting, additional electrical outlets, fresh paint and new flooring. These upgrades have been informed by student and faculty consultations and satisfaction surveys.
Please see some examples of upgraded spaces at the Vancouver campus below.