- Contact us
- Chancellor's Office
- Pipe Band
The Chancellor invites members of the community to nominate persons meriting the Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award to an individual or organization who has contributed significantly to Simon Fraser University.
The purpose of the award is to recognize and bring profile to individuals and organizations for their outstanding commitment and service to SFU. All nominations must be submitted in writing and should include the following:
- A fully completed nomination form;
- A clear and concise statement (maximum 300 words) addressing:
- How the nominee has contributed significantly to SFU
- Why this person/organization is deserving of the Chancellor's Award
- Why the nominee's achievements are truly outstanding
- A brief biographical sketch of the nominee (résumé or curriculum vitae is recommended), including the nominee's current contact information and email address.
- Additional supporting documentation that would help the committee's evaluation, such as: sample media reports, publications, lists of awards or other recognition, other information deemed pertinent by the nominator.
Nominations are reviewed by the Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee (CDSASC) in accordance with the Terms of Reference and the selection guidelines. The selection of the recipient considered by the CDSASC requires the utmost care and confidentiality. Nominators should not discuss nominations with the nominee. All recommendations received by the CDSASC are held in strict confidence from the time they are received and are kept confidential in order to protect the privacy of nominees. When a recipient has been approved by the Committee and has accepted, the SFU community and the nominator will be informed. Due to the need for strict confidentiality, nominators should not seek letters of support or reference. The Director of Ceremonies & Events, on behalf of the Committee, will contact the nominator should it require further information. Unfortunately, not all nominations are successful in any given year. The Committee does keep nominations active for a period of three years and additional material may be added to the nomination.
Please address your nomination to:
Director, Ceremonies & Events
Strand Hall 2118
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Nomination packages may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions for 2019 is May 9, 2019.
For further information, contact Gloria Chu at 778-782-4643 or email@example.com.